EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Nikolay Nikiforov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nikolay Nikiforov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:27:08 +0400
As  far as I understand, Pound was against reading too much. I can say
I'm quite an uneducated reader. The knowledge they give here in Russia
has a very stale  taste. Being almost awaked I now see that I have to
get  some good but not too discursive books on certain subjects having
some meaning for the Cantos.
These are the fields:
1) Mythology, Greek and Latin
2) Christian theology
3) Kung, ideograms etc.
4) Troubadours
5) Early American politicians
6) Frobenius
7)  Animal  and vegetable world, the way it influences art (allegories
etc.)
8) History of music
9) History of the medicine

I'm  almost  sure  Pound  had very special views on what books on this
subjects   are  useful  and  what are deadening, being produced by the
slaves  of Usura. I would be very grateful for any help, especially if
you  could  say  what Pound himself thought most valuable.

Best regards,
 Nikolay                          mailto:[log in to unmask]

 visit http://russ.ru/authors/nikiforov.html