From:
Jennifer Gaenzle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Gaenzle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2016 16:02:10 -0400
Hello Kathy,

The Fort Fairfield Library has worked with Advantage Preservation for the
last 5 years digitizing our newspapers.
And I can't say enough good things about them!!! They are AWESOME to work
with.  Grant Kaestner is who I deal with since I started here at the library
2 years ago.  That is the price that we have paid for each reel.  I can send
as many or as little number of rolls of microfilm as I am able with my
budget.  Sometimes I have sent 5 rolls sometimes as many as 25 rolls.  They
back everything up to a external hard drive that we can keep.  Everything is
ALWAYS ours, so if we ever decide to host the site ourselves, instead of
through Advantage (though why we would do so I can't imagine) we are free to
do so.  If you wish to look at our site of newspapers here is the link to
them - http://fortfairfield.advantage-preservation.com/

We have completed from 1863 up to 1991 of our local paper, they are fully
searchable by word, name, date and many other ways.  You do need to have
Adobe PDF installed on your computers and be using IE or Firefox, but you
can configure Chrome to work with the site as well. Feel free to call me if
you have any other questions.

Regards,

Jennifer Gaenzle
Library Director