Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2022 14:42:37 +0000
base64
Sender:
From:
"Visser, Marijke A" <[log in to unmask]>
Good morning!

Here is the recording of the zoom meeting. Let me know if you have any trouble viewing it.

https://mainestate.zoom.us/rec/share/K1gn2gp28OiA97jRBGbjLO68B77hDVwc0dUomRBRNcjowZ_UbN7TA6P62E-bI6_p.r5Yhci0nhAMLTfPX?startTime=1663096562000
Passcode: 1sNp#5dd.

And here is a very brief summary of some of the key points from the agenda. Please send along your thoughts for the couple of questions I posed to the group.

  *   MSL interim leadership team
     *   While we are without a state librarian along with me, Alison Maxell, Director of Public & Outreach Service, Research & Innovation and Adam Fisher, Director of Collection Development, Digital Initiatives & Promotion serve as the leadership team during the transition period https://www.maine.gov/msl/about/index.shtml. Reach out to any of us with questions.

  *   State librarian position update
     *   The review committee is wrapping up zoom interviews with the top 6 candidates this week and the next step is to hold in-person interviews with the top 3 at MSL in the coming weeks. We at MSL are very appreciative of Heidi Grimm’s leadership during the transition to a new state librarian.

  *   Maine Library Advisory Council (MLAC) elections and voting
     *   Voting fore region representatives for the Library Advisory Council is open now through September 30. Everyone may vote and please take a minute to do so. There were some changes to the ballot on September 13 so if you were quick and voted in region 7 or 8 before then, please vote again (it won’t be election fraud 😉). Results will be announced during Fall Council, November 16.

  *   Fall Council draft plan
     *   Current plan is to try a hybrid model with in-person meetings happening at the 3 ARRCs plus one other to try an make it easier for people to attend. Confirming with potential hot libraries now. We would Zoom together for the MLAC business meeting and a plenary speaker and sharing out from “hub” activities. We’ll keep everyone posted but very open to input on this plan. The topic will be climate change and sustainability as this was one of the top three issues/interests that surfaced in the survey MSL conducted earlier this year.
  *   Library-Bendable fireside chat
     *   Melanie Taylor-Coombs (MacArthur PL) spoke with Landis Hackett (Bendable Fellow) about how she views Bendable and how she is using it with her community. There will be a Biddeford Bendable Bash on October 4, 4-6:00pm to celebrate the launch locally.
  *   Statewide zoom meetings - your input please
     *   I’m hoping to hear from all of you about ideas for how to keep these monthly meetings relevant and meaningful. A couple of ideas that have already been shared with me include periodically having a speaker and discussion and/or peer-led discussion on current issue. If you have other suggestions, please send them along.

Our next Zoom will be Tuesday, October 11 at 3:15. Hope to see you then!
Marijke

Marijke Visser (she/her)
Director, Library Development
Maine State Library