From:
"Ritter, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ritter, James
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2016 02:59:20 +0000
Hello Heather ‹ itıs a great question.  On Call van delivery service is
really reserved for libraries/partners that have extremely intermittent
delivery patterns.  For example, Corner Stones of Science is ³on call² as
it relates to the science kits that that are sent to libraries.  For a
standard library operation however, on-call service is really not a viable
option as it is generally cost prohibitive for Freedom Xpress and it would
impact the fee structure overall given that we are trying to structure a
flat fee for all libraries.

James Ritter
State Librarian

Maine State Library