From:
Vose Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vose Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2015 15:38:21 -0500
Does anyone know what the standards are for titles that begin with
numbers? Our DVDs are shelved by title, but what do I do with 12 Angry
Men or 3:10 to Yuma? Are they under 1 or One, 3 or Three?

I looked online, and if I read it right ALA is marginally endorsing the
numeral method: http://www.ala.org/tools/libfactsheets/alalibraryfactsheet27

Tacoma WA also does numerals, but Multnomah (Portland OR) does it by word.

If it's by word, I'll just spell it out on the spine labels...

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Sue

Sue McClintock