From:
Andy Ryer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Ryer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2022 09:00:00 -0400
Hello. This email is to alert you to a new program at Thomas Memorial
Library which will be taking place *in person at the library *this
*Thursday, September
29th at 6:30pm. *Take a drive out to lovely Cape Elizabeth and join us
for *Burnt
Into Memory, with Storyteller Jo Radner*:

*Some Mainers still remember – in fact, cannot forget – October of 1947,
when, after a season of terrible drought, wildfires burned all over the
state. Brownfield was one of the worst-hit areas: 80% of the town,
including all churches, schools, post offices, and other public buildings,
was completely destroyed in the space of a few hours.*

*Lovell storyteller Jo Radner spent a year interviewing people who
experienced the Brownfield Fire – residents who did and did not lose their
homes, as well as others who aided in the rescue and rebuilding effort.
From those interviews and from letters and historical photographs and
newspaper reports, Radner has created a powerful story of terror, courage,
neighborly responsibility, recovery, and – yes – even humor. Join us
in-person at the library for this unique evening of storytelling with
master storyteller Jo Radner. All are welcome!*
This event is free and open to all. Registration is recommended so that we
can send you a reminder on the day of the event. You can register here:
https://www.thomasmemoriallibrary.org/event/burnt-into-memory-with-storyteller-jo-radner/
.

We encourage you to sign up for this program and to please help us spread
the word about it to anyone you know who may be interested. Because who
doesn't love a road trip to a beautiful Maine spot? And did we mention that
there are beaches, parks, lobster rolls, and ice cream cones all within
shouting distance of the library for anyone wanting to make an evening of
it?? Thanks for your help spreading the word and we hope to see you at the
library on Thursday evening. Stay safe, be well and have a wonderful day.

--Andy Ryer

--
Andrew J. Ryer
Community Engagement Manager