NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Irelann Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2015 15:46:33 -0400
SHA1 signed SSL certificates are being deprecated and we need to upgrade
all such certificates to SHA2.

We are planning to upgrade the SSL certs on NameP, NameK, and NameF one at
a time during the maintenance window on Sunday May 24th starting at 6AM.
 We should be done by 6:30.

If all goes well, we plan to upgrade the SSL certs on NameO, NameA and
NameI during the maintenance window on Wednesday morning May 27th at 6AM.
We should be done by 6:30.

The LDAP servers on LDAP-B, LDAP-Master and NameT have already been done.

MOST software should not be affected by the change, but we have seen
software that requires attention when SSL certificates change.   Some that
even requires the certificate and its intermediates be downloaded ahead of
time.   If you are running such software, contact me by email and I can
send you the certificate and intrmediates for the LDAP server(s) you are
using.

--
Irelann Kerry Anderson          phone:    (207)561-3508
Systems and Operations