ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Rick Sayles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:42:07 -0500
I don't know if many people on this list pay attention to the Ratings
Percentage Index (RPI) at:

http://www.uscollegehockey.com/pwr/rpi9798.cgi

Anyway, Maine is currently ranked  23rd  overall out of  43  D1 teams.
However, for the past couple of weeks, Maine has been   1st  or  2nd  in
the category of opponents winning percentage.  What this means is that
up to this point in the season Maine has played the toughest schedule of
all  D1 teams.

This team is maturing and gaining experience against the very best teams
in college hockey.  In the next few weeks Maine's schedule becomes
somewhat easier and we can hope for better success.

Rick Sayles