ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Rick Sayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:28:52 PST
Since the (mens) hockey team is idle this week and because there has
recently been mention of information pertaining to the Championship
season, an enjoyable way to pass some  time this weekend would be to
read some of the articles posted to Hockey-L during that season, and
particularly around the time of the NCAA playoffs. I myself did not read
the Hockey-L newsgroup at that time and I have found the articles  quite
interesting.  This can be done using any web browser with the URL:

gopher://maine.maine.edu/11//MISCINFO/LSTSERV/HOCKEY-L

Once there simply select the Hockey-L archives and a weekly log appears
from which the desired week can be accessed.  It is refreshing to read
about Maine hockey before the "problems" occurred!  Also, Wayne Smith
can tell you how to do keyword searches in the archives to extract
certain articles for your reading pleasure.

During the Championship game with about one minute to go there was a
play in which a LSSU player had the puck in the slot (grade A scoring
chance) and held the puck forever before shooting.  Everyone thought the
shot hit the cross bar.  If you have your own tape of the game go to
that point and using a four-head VCR replay this sequence using single
frame-by-frame advance of the tape and judge for youself.  It would make
interesting discussion on this list.  I have done this and my opinion of
the play differs from that stated by Wayne Smith in the archives.

Rick Sayles

Check out the "Unofficial" Maine Hockey Home Page at:
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/5928/index.html