EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:19:22 EDT
Carlo asked me to send this along -- kinda funny...

joe brennan

They hang the man and flog the woman
That steal the goose from off the common,
But let the greater villain loose
That steals the common from the goose.

".....at a time when I am speaking to you about the paradox of desire -- in
the
sense that different goods obscure it -- you can hear outside the awful
language
of power.  There's no point in asking whether they are sincere or
hypocritical,
whether they want peace of whether they calculate the risks.  The dominating
impression as such a moment is that something that may pass for a prescribed
good; information addresses and captures impotent crowds to whom it is poured

forth like a liquor that leaves them dazed as they move toward the slaughter
house.
One might even ask if one would allow the cataclysm to occur without first
giving
free reign to this hubbub of voices...."

Joe, I'm not on the Pound list and today the Right Wing site doesn't appear in the list of sites under my name. They published my Ezra Skinhead piece, <http://www.flashpointmag.com/skin.htm> intentionally getting the title wrong, and wanted to call me an idiot but somehow settled on a mind wasted or some such shit. They called me 'Arlo Guthrie' because, as they know, I still look like a hippy. I gave most of the folks at the symposium a chance to respond to my query including Willis Carto, and they chose not too. So fuck 'em. I was aiming for the Pound was worse than Goebbels morons at the Universities any fuckin' way. The right wingers seem to want to claim Pound very obliquely in 3 pieces they attach. Also, the caption under Mullins' photo practically makes him out to be Pounds' illegitimate son by Eva Braun. What they lack in sense of humor they make up for in giving everyone else a good laugh. I guess they took the opportunity to slam me because Mullins was upset at my reply to his initial response to the Skinhead query. He spoke at the symposium and there is a photograph of him. I think you might recognize him. They used to try to recruit me from time to time. Once, when I was very young, a guy who came to talk Pound to me at work and reputed to have 6 beautiful daughters, took me to lunch at that fish place, O'Donnell's(?) on Connecticut Avenue in Bethesda. He started to talk that Protocols shit from the jump so I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and, you know me, then I got mad. Carlo Parcelli [log in to unmask] wrote: > I don't know if you're still on the Pound List, but in the event > you're not, you might want to comment upon your recent interactions > with Mullins. I'd be happy to forward anything you have to say.... > j... > > > / > > They hang the man and flog the woman > That steal the goose from off the common, > But let the greater villain loose > That steals the common from the goose. > // > /".....at a time when I am speaking to you about the paradox of desire > -- in the > sense that different goods obscure it -- you can hear outside the > awful language > of power. There's no point in asking whether they are sincere or > hypocritical, > whether they want peace of whether they calculate the risks. The > dominating > impression as such a moment is that something that may pass for a > prescribed > good; information addresses and captures impotent crowds to whom it is > poured > forth like a liquor that leaves them dazed as they move toward the > slaughter house. > One might even ask if one would allow the cataclysm to occur without > first giving > free reign to this hubbub of voices...." > > / > > / > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Subject: > Alex's comment on Mullins > From: > charles moyer <[log in to unmask]> > Date: > Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:07:01 -0400 > To: > [log in to unmask] > > To: > [log in to unmask] > > >Alex Schmitz has informed me that he no longer receives the postings from >the EP list although he has tried to provide the corrected information on >the change of his email address and even written a letter to Hatlin >requesting reinstatement. > When I mentioned the recent discussion which seemed to focus on Eustice >Mullins this is what Alex offered. Can we get him back on our list which is >anemic enough without him. > >Charles > >---------- >From: [log in to unmask] (Alexander Schmitz) >To: "charles moyer" <[log in to unmask]> >Subject: Re: <no subject> >Date: Tue, Jun 22, 2004, 3:47 AM > > >Mullins? Is that Eustace Mullins? Everything has been said about him. I even >have his >writings on money and the national treasury and all that. "This difficult >individual"? >Or was it "The cage panther" he had written on EP? Horton and these guys >were MUCH >mored dangerous - and drew EP (without his knowing it) into their racist >environments: >The press esp. south of Mason Dixon held EP to be one of them, i. e. a >right-wing >racist against the BLACKS! Which EP never was. The Horton chapter of EPs >life has >been told as well. Everybody who really wants can read how things REALLY >were in >the fifties. >