EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:03:06 -0600
charles moyer wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> >  European members. You are
> still free to express your opinion over the internet as far as we know.

Forwarded on another list:

Subject: Arabic Potatoes

An old Arab man who has been living for 40 years in Idaho wanted to
cultivate potatoes in his garden, but to remove the earth was getting to
be too hard for his age. His only son, Ali, was studying in France, so
he decided to send him an e-mail explaining the situation:

"Dear Ali: I feel very disappointed because this year I'll be unable to
plant my potatoes in my garden. I am too old to plow the ground. I wish
you were here, then my problems would be solved, because you would
remove the soil for me. I love you,   Dad"

"Dad: For God's sake, DO NOT remove the ground of that garden. It's
there that I have hidden "you-know-what". I love you, Ali"

At 4 a.m. the next morning the local Police, FBI and CIA agents, along
with Pentagon delegates, came in and put the garden upside down looking
for dangerous material to build bombs, anthrax or whatever. They found
nothing and they left. The same day the old man received another e-mail
from his son:

"Dear Dad: I am sure you can plant your potatoes now. It was the best I
could do in the current circumstances. I love you,   Ali"