EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alexander Schmitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 09:46:20 +0200
Thanks, Martin Deporres & Burt.

Thanks a lot.

alex

--------

PS: I'm still surprised about how Casillo is being dealt with here. Still you
wouldn't put his book onto the same shelf with, say, Torrey, would you? I
understood Cassilo's book as being the very first pretty SOUND attempt of
speaking out and NOT trying to taboo these things many of us Pounders still tend
to keep silent about. Obviously we have got our very specific problem here: we
admirea poet who at the same time did things we silently wish he wd NOT have
done. The Doob collection there; we can't do as if Radio Roma hasn't happened.

Maybe we non-right-wing Germans of the immediate post-war generation have our
special sensitivities - especially in the light of the fact that the neo nazis
are becoming a topic here which can't be brushed aside any more as a funny little
post-reunification episode not worth worrying about. On the other hand for me
personally Pound as zoon politikon has never succeeded in distorting my reading
him as the great poet he is.

I'm looking forward to soon receive & read the Ellis book Dan has mentioned
in a recent posting dealing with Wei's strange ideas about political
correctness...

      Alexander Schmitz - P.O. Box 122, D-21636 Horneburg, Germany
       Tel.: 0049-4163-7565, Fax: ...-7549;  Mobile: 0177-5128767