EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 07:27:45 -0700
Wei asks,
     "May I ask, which of the twentieth century classical composers, in your
view, is most similar to Pound? Whose music do you think, in tone, rhythm,
colour, mood, scope and aesthetic effect, most closely resembles Pound's
poetry?"

    If this is a bonus question for extra credit, I'd say -Bob Dylan or
Frank Zappa or maybe Mariah Carey who's quoted as having said, in an attempt
to be politically correct I'm sure,
    "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the
world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not
with all those flies and death and stuff."

Dan,
Well, you were right. He doesn't have a clue to what you mean or pretends
not to understand. Can't see the forest for the trees? The vulture is
circling, however. There may still be a few morsels of rotting flesh left on
the dead poet. I Mean I'd like Ezra Pound if it weren't for all "those flies
and death and stuff".

CDM