EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:53:51 -0400
The reference is, I think, to the power of the image in pure light to enter
and inform the mind:

... and that certain images be formed in the mind
                             to remain there
                                         _formato loco_

 'Funge' (verb 3sg. 'acts') would be a reference to the efficacy or
_virtu_of the image that is carried to the eye and into the mind by a pure
light  ... "the form beached under Helios".

See Pound's essay on Cavalcanti and 'Donna mi prega'.

Tim Romano