EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:31:01 -0500
jay,
    hitler's programmatic life experiences were
the extended stint in vienna and munich at the very
bottom of the urban economic food chain,
whence he matriculated
profoundly and passionately consciencisized;
and, ww1, whence he emerged, iron cross first class.

these  conditions, super-exploitation and total war,
ineffably degrading and dehumanizing,
were representative for the urban industrial masses
of the time.  he and a significant but disparate
world-brotherhood rose in righteous hatred to
challenge the system with such an essence.
overwhelmingly, of course, as in ireland, they failed pathetically
...and where they succeeded,
it was only temporary,
and even at such a toll of brotherhood as lost its soul...

anyway, by comparison, winnie and frank
appear narcissist inanities.

and the pt for our purposes is that the
categorial label, "dementia," applied in the cases
of hitler, stalin, mussolini,... and our ep,
is not just co-incidentally co-extensive with
the category "popular revolutionary."
(the same style is, of course, applied today to "terrorists," no?)
and if you want to uderstand ep's fascism and anti-semitism,
you have first to become critical of the
class-perspective, bourgeois,
of this accepted-truth version.

wouldn't you agree?

bob