EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:45:46 -0500
(Contrast Secretary Acheson's
statement about Hiss, which evoked so much anger, respect and astonishment
simply because it was a personal moral statement - people expected
expediency
or cant - and went against this mechanical age's tion that public affairs
are
necessarily of a different order of importance from private ones.)

Garrick,
     Is this your parenthesis? - nice parallel.

bob