EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Richard Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:41:01 GMT
If you want a good and readable translation of Dante, there's a lot to be
said for CH Sisson's version, recently re-issued by somebody or other (in
the UK at least). It doesn't attempt terza rima, a wise decision in my view.
Unfortunately what can't be said for it is that it has a parallel text in
Italian; it doesn't. But otherwise the apparatus (notes etc) is good.

Richard Edwards