EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Jonathan P. Gill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:22:01 -0400
Patricia Cockram has had some trouble posting to the list, so she was
wondering if this response to my query about technology and the teaching
of Pound as an MLA session would be of more general interest.  Here goes:

"I would be very interested in participating in something about teaching
Pound using electronics.  I have, in fact, produced an as-yet unpublished
cd-rom edition of the two Italian Cantos, which is both a teaching tool
and a work of textual scholarship.  (It was half of my dissertation) .  I
have presented parts of it in the past and have also spoken to textual
scholars and to graduate students about theories of hypertext for teaching
and criticism.  Pound is one of the naturals for this sort of project.
Even Mary de Rachewiltz, who hates computers, came to agree; it is her
voice that I present reading the Italian (though she wants me to get rid
of it, because she hates the reading and her voice)."