EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
William Stoneking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 17:34:24 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Bray <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, September 03, 1999 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: Peace!

> At 06:57 AM 9/3/99 -0400, Mr. Stoneking wrote:

... & STILL I wait for an intelligent response to my play, Sixteen
Words for Water...  Is there anyone out there who cares enough
about a living poet's work to take the time to frame an opinion?

Then MR TIM BRAY Replied:

> The evidence strongly suggests that a poet's career, and interest in
> his or her work, is strongly enhanced by said poet's death.  From a
> marketing point of view, a complicated and messy death that spreads
> heartbreak in all directions is greatly to be preferred.  Not that
> any of the present company should take this as personal guidance.  -T.

TO WHICH I REPLY:

Mr Bray observes all the niceties I have come to expect from this list...
unfortunately...    i have been gone from the States so long...  when
I left in the early 70s one could still find poetry among those whose
love for learning exceeded their need to one-up a colleague....
My request still stands, i.e:  I wait for an intelligent response to my
play about Ezra Pound... is there anyone out there who would like to
engage in conversation with a living poet?

Stoneking