EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Michael Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:48:16 -0500
I appreciate your response, Charles.

Your initial thought manages to paraphrase how the poet in question might have
answered, and the second paragraph asks that both the strengths and weaknesses of
the poet be acknowledged when evaluating his position.

Two pertinent thoughts fairly presented.

I am glad that you say "and it wasn't that he was wrong". I am not in a position to
evaluate that, but I do recognize this as a statement that you did "try to hear" En
Lin Wei, and I feel that he deserved that hearing.

Michael