EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:22:47 -0400
I would characterize Lewis's first take on Hitler (1930?) as recognizing
that Germany was a world power, with 60 million inhabitants. Lewis was in
favor of "appeasement" as a means of avoiding another world war.  Lewis
situates Germany's imperialism in the context of a balance-of-power, in
terms of Britain's own imperialism. The unqualified statement to which I was
responding was that Lewis  "fully endorsed" fascism.
Tim Romano