EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
jameshughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:13:01 +0100
My first comment is addressed to Wei, in fraternal spirit:

1. I do not know you, your sex, your cultural or social background, and will consequently make ideological presuppositions about none. I am able to recognise, however, your spirit of scholarship and dedication towards a subject you love - Pound. This, I feel is what should matter - and for this I have great respect for you. Ignore those who seek to denigrate your remarks upon a personal or cultural basis; it is they who seem unable to see the "spirit" of this list.

Unbiased, open, and unprejudiced greetings,

James Hughes.

PS: Please let none of us use this list as a medium for personal vitriol!

2.  If ANYONE on this list knows of a similar list concerning the poetry of Wallace Stevens, could they please inform me? Similarly, any information regarding helpful web addresses or simply good critical works would be most appreciated.

Thou art a scholar, speak to it Horatio!

James Hughes.