EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Leon Surette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 10:32:51 -0400
Charles Moyer asks, "Did Leon ever specify how long Pound would have to stay
in Purgatory?"
    I didn't make a guess, but we can be confident that he is still there,
judging from the discussion.
    Incidentally, one reviewer cannily observed that I was a closet
apologist for putting him in Purgatory rather than Hell. I hadn't thought
about that, but I guess I had come to the conclusion that he was not
irrevocably damned. Given his Protestant background, I suppose there is no
Hell or Purgatory for him, just beatification or oblivion. Neither seems to
have been accorded his as yet.

Leon Surette
English Dept.
University of Western Ontario