EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
David Centrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 19:55:46 -0400
I've been reading Hugh Kenner's _The Pound Era_, Peter Makin's _Pound's
Cantos_, and Ezra Pound's _Cantos_ (I-XXX); I just picked upWilliam
Cookson's _A Guide to the Cantos of Ezra Pound_, George Kearns' _The Cantos_
and a couple other books on the subject.

My thesis statement (at first to be explained in a 3 page prospectus and
later in a 50 page thesis):

Ezra Pound's Vorticism, as illustrated in Cantos I - XXX, employs the use of
"subject-rhymes," in the form of historical and imagistic relations, where
meanings develop as the context changes; with this in mind, the concept of
order, itself, has become an issue (focus / theme) of Cantos -- appearing to
be chaotic, their structure arises like a vortex, assuming the form of the
transpiration of real-world events.

I welcome any and all ideas.

David Centrone