EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 02:07:53 -0400
Dear Wei et al,

The bright son of a friend of mine is one of those jailed in
Philly.  I don't know what he personally did, but if he participated
in destroying property or throwing rocks at cops, I would consider
that he deserves his little week in jail.  Republicans have a
right to voice their bullshit just as much as Democrats do.

==Dan

>Today, as hundreds remain in jail in Philadelphia, simply for protesting
>against the plutocratic practices of the Republican party, we might well
>consider the degree to which freedom of assembly and freedom of speech are
>under serious threat.  Which side would Pound be on?  (Did he ever side with
>ANY demonstrators who protested the rule of Mussolini?  Did he ever side
>with any trade union organization which protested labor conditions in the US
>or in Italy, during the era of fascism?

HOME:
Dan Pearlman
102 Blackstone Blvd. #5