EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
En Lin Wei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 05:43:22 GMT
Dear Tim Romano,

I have no difficulty in retracting my statement about Lewis.  I did say that
no other American besides Pound demonstrated such strong support, amounting
to a full commitment to fascism.  Another one, I said, was PERHAPS Lewis,
and I made that assessment based on the letters which Pound and Lewis
exchanged over the issue of fascism.  But I have no real stake in the
argument.  It seems to me that the issue of Lewis' interest in fascism is
subject to debate.  But if you wish, I will retract the statement.  I will
also apologize for speaking about Lewis with scant knowledge of the man,
other than what I have gathered from his relationship with Pound.

Sincerely yours,

Wei