EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Robert Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:50:43 -0500
perhaps you are right about their being all sorts of ways to find comfort--but comfort for those special nights away from home comfort seems to me to one of those ways for which Pound's Cantos are least suited (not unsuited).
  Am I the only one who senses--rather than assigns--a bit of the sentimental, the nostalgic, and the cozy in this idea of special comfort on nights away from home? The only one who is a little reluctant to sign on to it as the sort of comfort for which sometimes the Cantos are the only satisfaction?
    It is true that when I hear such approaches to or characterizations of the Cantos, I am a little baffled. There seem to me to be so many other authors in time who provide far more comfort of the sentimental and nostaligic and cozy kind than does Pound. Perhaps I should just wonder at all the diverse ways in which people find their comfort, and leave it at that, as you suggest.

>>> Joe Brennan <[log in to unmask]> 08/25 3:23 PM >>>
In a message dated 8/25/99 12:54:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,