EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Joe Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 17:33:39 EST
In a message dated 3/28/99 4:09:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<  But...
 any intellectualizing, any debate via this forum is null; there are dead to
be
 counted. What can the average American, such as myself, truly know about any
 situation outside of our front-yards? CNN is certainly not the answer, simply
 a facsimile of detail.

 Anyway, I've put my limited opinion on the chopping block.

 C.Brandon
 Boston >>

And wise advice, Brandon, I'll join you on the block.  Pound certainly made
his mistakes, but to count on or against him for this latest bloodletting is
to distort history.  Whatever the truth is in Kosovo, it won't be know for
some time to come.  Yet the US does have a history of aggression; Vietnam, and
Central & South america leap to mind.  Henry Gonzales, the recently retired
congressman from Texas, once made a special order speech on the House floor,
in which he referred to the US as the greatest threat to world peace.  The
fact that actions of this kind usually revolve around money should also not be
overlooked, as well as the opportunity for weapons' testing -- the B-2 bomber,
for example.  So to automatically put the Western Alliance in the position of
the right seems premature.

joe brennan