EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:43:16 -0400
Arwin wrote:

 " I believe that the human system is of limited complexity, and thus
ultimately explainable (and I doubt that at this moment there is much that
cannot be explained about human beings)."

Na ja, but after all the complexities have been explained, you still have to
confront the simplicities.

With regard to the "encyclopedia", I was referring not to Pound's suggestion or
to a specific web project, but to the endeavor of providing explanations of
allusions and contexts. Sorry for the confusion. The word "encyclopedia" seemed
apt.

> As far as your "where's the horse?" is concerned....

What's missing is not a horse. Read again, more carefully this time ;-)

Regards,
Tim