EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Robert E. Kibler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert E Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 14:25:20 -0400
On Sun, 10 May 1998 10:17:09 -0600 wrote...

Additionally, Sarah Holmes (on this list, I think) is working on an edition of
Pound's correspondence with Senator Borah. She presented some of her work at
the last MLA conference in Toronto, so perhaps talk about this specific
correspondence is stirred up in the general air.  Should be an informative
volume when it comes out.

You may be referring to one of the following volumes:
>        1.Walter E. Sutton, ed., Pound, Thayer, Watson, and The Dial
>(Gainesville, FL: Univerisyt Press of Florida, 1994).
>        2.Hugh Witemeyer, The Correspondence of Ezra Pound: Pound/Williams/
>Selected Letters of Ezra Pound and William Carlos Williams. (New York: New
>Directions, 1996).
>I reviewed both volumes for English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920.
>Cordially, Earl E. Stevens.
>

>>Hello all,
>>Can anyone tell me if this is a figment of an overheated brain or a fact:
>>more than one person has told me recently of a new, improved edition of
>>Pound's Selected Letters, just published or just about to be, and yet I've
>>seen no actual evidence of its existence. Is such a work in preparation, or
>>is this just one of those rumours that goes around?
>>Sarah
>>**************************************************
>>*  What hast thou, O my soul, with paradise;     *
>>*  Will we not rather, when our freedom's won,   *
>>*  Get us to some clear place wherin the sun     *
>>*  Lets drift in on us through the olive leaves  *
>>*  A liquid glory?                               *

Robert E. Kibler
Department of English
University of Minnesota

                fortunatus et ille, deos qui novit agrestis,
                Panaque Silvanumque senem Nymphasque sorores.