EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Robert E. Kibler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert E Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:02:26 -0500
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:33:40 EST wrote...

How about buying the "Writers Market."  That book gives you an idea of what
publications might be interested in your poems/work.  Most good bookstores
carry it.  Best of luck.

>         Albert M. Balesh, M.D.
>

>         6205 Belton Road
>

>         El Paso, Texas 79912-5003
>

>         Tel. (915) 581-0517
>

>         E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
>
>All Subscribers to the EPOUND-L List
>E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
>

>         Tuesday, March 31, 1998
>

>Dear Fellow EPOUND Subscribers:
>
>Please allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Albert M. Balesh, M.D., and I
>recently completed my first book in a trilogy of poetry.  The 200-page book
>contains 101 fiery, emotionally hair-raising poems, dealing with contemporary
>issues.  I find it to be quite excellent, if I do say so myself.  The book is
>entitled, Fall From Grace.
>
>I am seeking a publisher for my book of poetry, and, as I find fellow EPOUND
>List subscribers to be quite well-informed and to possess well-above-average
>intelligence, I have decided to query you about poetry publishers.  Where
>might I submit my manuscript for consideration for possible publication?  I am
>a first-time author.
>
>Let me explain the motivation behind my book.  I left my beloved United States
>of America, on August 14, 1976, to study medicine in Rome, Italy.  I returned
>to the U.S., on March 12, 1996, to find a country totally alien to me.  My
>collection of poetry, written during the second year of my return to the U.S.,
>represents the observations of a native son, who both "fell from grace" and,
>suddenly, found himself a man without a country.  My musings on the current
>American way of life are, needless to say, acrid and incisive.  They can, most
>certainly, serve as a lesson to us all, as we both attempt to regain that
>moral fiber upon which our nation was created, and prepare ourselves for the
>coming of the new Millennium.  My book is dedicated to myself and to all those
>who, in the last twenty-five years, have suffered the trials and tribulations
>of an ever-changing world.
>
>Fellow Subscribers, with all that in mind, I anxiously await your responses.
>If, indeed, you all have the gumption, are willing to take the moral high
>ground, and are possessed by the devil in some small measure, then you will
>most certainly aid me in this quest to publish my work.
>
>Any feed-back, you might have for me, would be greatly appreciated.  I
>sincerely thank you all for your precious time.
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Albert M. Balesh, M.D.
>

> E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Robert E. Kibler
Department of English
University of Minnesota

                fortunatus et ille, deos qui novit agrestis,
                Panaque Silvanumque senem Nymphasque sorores.