EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Betsy Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:06:26 -0500
Betsy Rose here. This is from Christopher Lewis via Demetres Tryphonopoulos. Because of the limitations of the ListServ, I was unable to attach the Call for Papers, but it should be available through the link below:

In July this year Bath Spa University will host the BLAST 2014 Interdisciplinary Conference to commemorate the centenary of the launch of the Vorticist movement. . . . All of us working on the conference are very keen to ensure that all the
contributors to the two issues of BLAST are represented. Given that Pound played such a pivotal role in the Vorticist movement we feel that many of your members might be interested in attending and/or speaking at the conference.

As an incentive to members of the Pound Society, we have made it a condition of the payment that all members of affiliated societies will be eligible for the reduced fee of £60 for both days.

Just to fill you in briefly, the conference will include plenary lectures by Prof Mark Antliff of Duke University, Prof Paul Edwards of the University of East Anglia and Prof. Scott W. Klein of Wake Forest University; multiple themed panels on
cultural and artistic significance and legacy of Vorticism and BLAST; the first fully staged performance of Enemy of the Stars (Wyndham Lewis’s 1914 Vorticist play); and an exhibition of contemporary artists whose work has been influenced or
inspired by Vorticist aesthetics. More information is available on the conference website: [ http://www.bathspa.ac.uk/research/blast2014 ]http://www.bathspa.ac.uk/research/blast2014

We feel very strongly that we would like to give equal attention to all the contributors to the two issues of BLAST, so are very keen to encourage participation from Ezra Pound Society members.

Please let me know if you would like any further information.

[Christopher Lewis]

Betsy Graves Rose
National Poetry Foundation
Room 400, 5752 Neville Hall