ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matt Dewkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 02:27:33 -0700
Apparently we had another horse in the barn to beat...

I'll throw in my two cents here too.  I am not a ref,
but here goes.

If the player ONLY closes his/her hand on the puck
there is a whistle.  If the player closes hand on puck
AND throws it, whistle and delay of game penalty.  I
can't remember what game I was at but I saw a player
throw the puck into the crowd with the same result.

I guess it depends on what happens after the player
closes their hand on the puck.  If they cover it,
whistle, if they throw it penalty.

Leading a barely recognizable horse back to the
stable.

Matt

=====