From:
Mamie Anthoine Ney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mamie Anthoine Ney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2015 15:01:57 -0500
I'm not sure if Value Line has a large cap (value of stock >$10 Billion) section, as I haven't used it in quite a while.    "Cap" is the term used to measure the total value of a stock - total # of shares x stock price.  There's small, mid, and large cap stocks.

The beta of a stock has nothing to do with the size of a company.  It's the measurement of how a stock performs relative to other stocks and certain market factors.  A low beta is a much less volatile stock, which means it is less affected by many market circumstances (think utilities).

I guess I did learn something in that finance class that had me scratching my head for a whole semester.  Phew.

Mamie

Mamie Anthoine Ney
Director
Auburn Public Library
49 Spring St.
Auburn, ME 04210
207-333-6640 x 2020 (Option #6)
www.auburnpubliclibrary.org
http://libraryla.org/
@AubLibDir
Maine Readers’ Choice Award Committee
Friends of the Maine State Library Board