From:
"O'Kane, Peggy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
O'Kane, Peggy
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2019 12:24:45 +0000
Dear Friends,
After 11 years I will be leaving the Maine State Library on July 26. On August 20, I am flying to the Kingdom of Tonga in the South Pacific to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer teaching English in a K-6 school. While I am not taking my retirement benefits, this is for all intents and purposes my retirement from state government.  After three months of training in language, culture and curriculum, I will be assigned to a school. My teaching tenure is for 24 months so I will be out of the US for 27 months total. This is exciting and scary, delightful and challenging. Wish me luck.
If you want to keep in touch friend me on Facebook or follow my blog at https://wordpress.com/post/peggyo.blog.

Peggy O'Kane
Coordinator of Special & Digital Collections
Maine State Library
207 287-5605
@MaineStLibrary