ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Patrick Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:35:41 -0800
> THREE UMAINE STUDENTS CHARGED WITH CRIMINAL THREATENING

Wow.  UMaine does not need this.

While I believe entirely in "innocent until proven guilty" it doesn't
look good for these three kids.  This couldn't have happened at a
worse time.  UM is just improving their image, things look good and
the hockey program is off suspension and BOOM.

I could not agree more with Walsh, if this is true then these guys
have discraced themselves, teammates, the university, and have also
hurt fans like me who stand by the team in spite of everything.
Racial acts of any kind are totally disgusting.

In addition, if this is true they should be punished accordingly by
having their scholarships taken away and being forced to leave the
team and school permanently.

I sincerely hope that they are innocent, but I don't have a good
feeling about all of this.