ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:32:25 -0500
I was also very surprised to see Maine retain the #1 spot this week in
USCHO.  Maybe the pollsters were watching someone else.  No reason to
panic - better to lose 8-2 now than in April. To quote a very wise
coach, just keep "chopping wood" and get the job done.  The next game is
the most important game of the season!!!

It's been a strange, strange fall sports season - Maine beat Minnesota
and UND in their houses; Rutgers beats #3 Louisville and climbs to #7/8
in the national polls, and #6 in the BCS.  Maine hadn't even made the
move to D-1 the last time Rutgers went undefeated (1976, the fall of my
freshman year).

--
Lindsay A. Huntoon
Let's Go Maine Black Bears