ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Adam Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 19:35:06 -0400
Bob, I would have to agree.  I feel like, although I probably haven't met
anyone on the list, I feel like I know everyone on here.  I know I've had
brief conversations with people on here outside of the list (Deron and James
come to mind).  I'm sure things will die down during the summer, with the
exception of some recruiting updates and whatnot, but I would like to keep
some convresations going.  When I first came to the list, having graduated
from Orono, I was a bit intimidated (I got ripped pretty good on here for an
editorial I wrote in the campus paper, so I'm sure that didn't help) but I
feel very at home now with the other posters.

As for the team, it's unfortunate they aren't playing on Saturday.  An up
and down season for a team that seemed to be peaking at just the right time
ended against a very strong, extremely talented Wisconsin team.  Maine had
their chances, but just couldn't capitalize (0-7 on the power play, no real
good break out opportunities).  However, there weren't really any excuses
that could be made.  There were a couple of issues (mis-communication,
defensive breakdowns, etc.) but in the end Wisconsin just outplayed our boys
in blue.  In the end, we just have to tip our caps and congratulate them on
a fantastic game and season so far.

--Adam