ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:34:51 -0500
Nice work on the NHL update, Bob. Thanks. I for one really enjoy things
like this. A great addition to the list.
I don't remember if it has been mentioned this year or not, but Chris
Imes in back coaching professional hockey this year, after coaching a
high school girls' team in Minnesota last year. They were defending
state champs and he took them back and deep into the playoffs. He's
having kind of a tough year with Chicago of the IHL (?).
This weekend is the make or break weekend for all the UM bandwagoners
and I sense a nervousness on their part. We have to beat some teams with
winning records, something we haven't done yet. It's now or never. Not
to be a pessimist, but I've been saying all along this team doesn't have
the consistency to be an NCAA team - offensively, defensively or in
goal. Someone said earlier the #12 rating is largely based on
reputation, and I believe that.  Now's the time for them to prove me
wrong. I'll be a happy fan if they do.