ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jon Eggert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:32:55 -0500
First, I'm not sure it was his defenseman, me thinks its was Jankus who
left the front of the net to chase the puck?
But it doesn't really matter who, it was a breakdown that left a guy wide
open in front, the same way Alberts won the HE semi game and Harrold tied
the final reg season game.

Maine had their chances and like the rest of the season couldn't capitalize
on them. I don't know about the rest of you but it sure would be nice to
get a bonafide sniper.

Like many other games in the second half, Jimmy was unreal. Minnie players
were talking to themselves but he can't do it alone. Not sure he can get
any better playing at UMAine which leads me to think he has to move on.
Maybe the NHL strike keeps that from happening but either way it sure has
been great having Jimmy at UMaine.

  The graduating class probably isn't the strongest talent wise but they
are great bunch of guys and I'm glad they came to UMaine. Murphy and Ronan
were great examples to the younger kids and 4 NCAA appearances is a pretty
good legacy. From the press conference Ronan was pretty down but he should
hold his head high, I think he did great job as captain this year..

  The young guys looked a little over whelmed at Mariucci  but this looks
like the best recruiting class in a long time and it sounds like there is
another lined up for next year. If Jimmy leaves , I  believe we'll be ok in
goal as  Matt Lundin  will be another good goalie and I'm pretty excited
about Ben Bishop. When I saw him on his recruiting visit I thought he was a
Dman, not too many 6' 5" goalies(and he is all of that, trust me :) ).

Overall this was good season although frustrating at times. Because of last
years success, my expectations were high and that caused me to be pretty
disappointed early in the year. But the guys hung tough and finally put it
all together. They should be proud of that as I know we (the fans)  are.

  I don't know about the rest of you but its time for spring and summer. Is
it October yet :-) :-)

     Jon

  One more thing, go Fighting Sioux :-)