ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
steve hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:27:29 -0500
Well I'm also one who believes in waiting until the season is near its
completion to talk about coaching and the teams successes and failures
but I do read all the negative comments that come across this discussion
board and I thought it was time someone spoke up for Whitehead.  When I
looked back at where Maine was in early January and
then looked at the way they've played in their last 15-16 games well you
have to ask yourself what turned this team around.  The obvious answer is
the coaching staff.  If anyone can pinpoint something else please send a
message.  I'm the one who said this team lacks talent and I'll stand by that
statement.  Unfortunately I totally didn't think about Jimmy Howard, I mean,
it's a given that he has talent.  I was speaking of our defense corps and
our forwards.  I'll say again we have many very good players but only one
player who approaches talented (Leveille and he almost scored for B.C. last
night).  We do have some promising freshman and sophomores who may yet
develop the talent along with all the other ingredients necessary to win a
championship.  I didn't realize Maine was preseason ranked #2.  I guess that
shows how ludicrous preseason polls are as they obviousley new nothing about
Maine's team.