ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 13:30:36 EST
I do not believe that the people who have posted to the Maine hockey list are "Prestin haters." Most of us recognize his talent and his potential to make Maine a better team.  However, we have seen a pattern of behavior that is very disturbing--not because it is stupid or selfish or puts the team at a disadvantage (although it is all of those), but because he appears to be out of control.  I'll leave it to Coach Whitehead (and Prestin) to figure out the best way to deal with this issue, and I sincerely hope they succeed--for Prestin's benefit, as well as the team's. But in the end, I don't believe that the UMaine hockey team has any room for someone who is willing to put other people at risk of serious injury because he can't or won't control his emotions.