ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 01:07:08 -0500
Well as one of the students who trekked to the FleetCenter for the
first time ever I must say that I wish that I could have enjoyed the
time more by celebrating a win last night and tonight.  I will say that
I am happy I opted for paying 5 bucks more to sit in row 13 rather than
row 456323 of the balcony!

Did anyone else find it intimidating in that BC had 3x the # of fans we
did? I tried my best to counter their cheers but even that was a weak
retalitory attempt.  As with the team on the ice, the team in the
stands was a step behind BC all night.  Our band did sound good though.

Since everything else has been talked about and it doesn't really
matter now anyway I won't go over my thoughts on the game.  But I will
comment on my observations while waiting for the T after the game.

I am sorry I don't care how much you hate Maine, but for grown men to
start chanting "Shawn is gone" and dancing is just insane.  How could
they hate him that much? I can't ever imagine chanting "Umile is gone"
although I guess Parker would be a different story...whatever.  Did
anyone else witness this spectacle?  I mean it just goes to show how
much they fear his presence I guess... oh well I just had to vent on
this absurd scene...They were BC fans and they are probably dancing
again tonight with the win but it's all for not as Shawn will engineer
something over the next week and we will get the last laugh in Anahiem!
-Jake