ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 21:25:15 EST
For that matter, maybe some players do come to Maine just to turn pro.  But
what student at Maine, in what ever major (not a student athlete) would turn
down the chance to  "go pro" in their chosen field if invited by a major
corporation in their profession?

And if ones life long ambition was to make doohickeys, wouldn't one choose to
go to Wherever University if it graduated world class doohickey makers?  That
is what the program does here at Maine, provides a training ground for great
hockey players.  PLUS most of these guys get an education in a different field
which they can use if/when they do not continue with hockey.  In many ways,
they pay for what ever benefits they get as student athletes.

So, John, after all this discussion, I guess I can agree with you, but NOT
with your categorizing of these players as lower than ethical if they do want
to use their time at Maine to excel in their chosen field, which I hope is
Doo-HOCKEY!!

Cathy Hart
GO MAINE!!