ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:14:21 EDT
TimothyW wrote, in part..
>                                                                  ...  Only
>recently through the internet have I started to renew my exposure to college
>hockey in general and Wildcat hockey specifically.  I can't seem to find a
>similar page on the UNH website, ...

The UNH Hockey fan mailing list owner is [log in to unmask]
(Howard Quimby).  He suggested, once upon a time ...

   To subscribe to the list, send a message to [log in to unmask] with a
   message body containing 'subscribe UNH.Hockey your name' (without the
   quotes) and replacing 'your name' with your name.

On another of your topics, the Maine-UNH rivalry is a good one, more so
in recent years as both have been doing well, but I think each team's
typical fan would name a different school as the primary rival.

As for "scandals", you should understand that mailing lists are only
slightly more civilized than newsgroups and chat rooms.  People that
would be perfectly charming in person may scratch and claw at "the other
side" when faced with just a keyboard and display.  So the volume of
what you read on any particular subject should not have too much
influence on whether you are to believe it or that anyone other than the
authors share the opinion.  :-(

In any event,

    Welcome!

You'll find lots of good information and fine people here (or close by).

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith          Systems Group -- UNET Technology Services
[log in to unmask]           University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L and Hockey3