ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 05:57:47 EST
AMEN, DERON!

Can't believe this was Dale Duff's decision.  He didn't like the decision ESPN
made a few years back when they left the hockey game to show the last few
holes of GOLF.  I have to say that most of my earlier post ranting about the
possibility that WZON has the attitude that Maine WBB has the bigger audience
was basically correct, wasn't it?!?!

I, too was able to listen via audio net (after a frustrating few minutes
downloading the appropriate software) and want to say a big "THANKS!!" to Mr.
Quimby for posting the notice that saved my sanity!  I switched back to WZON
just in time to hear Dan scream "SCOOOORE!", reminding me of Gary Thorne!

I recognise the importance of Blodgett ball, as this was a big game for them
and their fans, but the well publicized fact that it would be covered state
wide on TV should have clued someone in that this would probably NOT be the
venue of choice for WBB fans to hear the game.  I watched it on television
myself, earphones on the hockey game, until WZON switched, then I switched to
the computer!

Now, for one more in this new season of Maine Hockey!

Cathy Hart
Proud Volunteer for the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation!