ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 19:09:14 -0400
7bit
From:
Adam Parker <[log in to unmask]>
I suppose I'll chime in...

If there were no other factors involved, then I would probably cheer for BC.
Here's a few reasons:
--I'd like to see the NCAA Championship back in Hockey East (could help w/
Recruiting and reputation for Maine)
--I think it would be amazing to see someone go in and stun the home team (I
don't like the idea of a team playing the national championship so close to
home, but it can't be helped).
--I have a good friend who's a big BC fan, and he (we'll call him Jimmy)
would like me to cheer for his team.

However...

I will be cheering for Wisconsin a little bit more, and here's why:
--Jimmy would NEVER cheer for Maine in a championship, so forget him.   :)
--I've only seen Wisconsin play a couple of games, but it looks like a
program that is run the right way, and they have kids who play with class.
I'm always going to cheer for a program like that.
--My wife is from Wisconsin originally, and her father went to school there,
so I am kind of required to cheer for them a little.

In the end, I'm hoping for a good game that I can enjoy, with someone that
wears red winning.