ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 18:49:14 -0700
Well, let me answer my own question.

My first, and most overwhelming feeling when I first saw this schedule
was this:  The Black Bear Classic is a joke.

I sincerly hope the Shawn Walsh Hockey Center will help Maine develop a
quality tournament again, but Sacred Heart, Holy Cross and U-18
development team... are they really the best Maine can draw?

Maybe we should rename the tournament the MAAC Showcase or something
like that.

When Sacred Heart is coming to Orono twice, something tells me Maine is
having trouble getting "real" teams to come to Alfond.

I like the UNO tournament and the Estero tournament should be good
again.  St. Lawrence is no easy place to play on the road.

If Maine plays Minnesota in Game 2 of next season, it will not be
pretty.  :-(

.. ok, your turn.

-dt