ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 10:21:45 -0400
Jacob,

Thanks for posting the piece on Shawn in LA.  I only wish that two sides of
the story were covered on the East coast as well.  Bob Ryan (since when
does he know hockey) in his Sunday Column of course presented the East
Coast version of Shawn, that being only negative.  It's tough being in this
market when the only press is negative after such a great game and victory.

Meanwhile the Ryan's of the world praise the Hoop Coaches who go in destroy
a program and then leave for bigger paychecks.  Maine has been fortunate to
have a coach with CHARACTER, who made mistakes (along with the
administration) and didn't do the easy thing, which would be to leave, he
came back and rebuilt.

Here's to Shawn, Here's to the Seniors, Here's to ALFIE, and Here's to another
NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP.........How Sweet it is!

Bob Fitta '83

P.S.  Can we change the date of the Banquet to a Saturday now, Please!

Bob Fitta
Advertising Account Manager
Harvard Magazine
http://www.harvard-magazine.com