EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Fisher and Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:22:23 -0800
  Margaret Fisher and Robert Hughes
"Ezra Pound and Music"  introduction to a poet's music, with audio examples
 S.F. Italian Cultural Institute     Thurs. Dec. 8, 2005 at 6:30 PM.
 Admission Free.
425 Washington Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA
Dear friends,

Bob Hughes and I recently added a new title to the series "Ezra Pound
and Music" published by Second Evening Art.

To celebrate publication of The Recovery of Ezra Pound's Third Opera:
Collis O Heliconii, settings of poems by Catullus and Sappho, the San
Francisco Italian Cultural Institute will sponsor an evening devoted to
a discussion of the poet-composer:
Thursday December 8, 2005 at 6:30 PM.
At this event, Bob and I will play excerpts from the music. These
include privately arranged recordings of "Donna mi prega," sung by the
Australian baritone Joshua Bloom, a San Francisco opera soloist, and
Pound's setting of Sappho's "Poikilothron," arranged for violin, played
by virtuoso David Abel.

The evening will be dedicated to the memory of Nathan Rubin, violinist.
Nate performed several world premieres of Pound's music and co-produced
the Fantasy recording of Le Testament. During a long career as ardent
performer and propagator of new music, Nate generously devoted his
virtuosic skills and thoughtful interpretation to Pound's violin music,
traducing the composer's often ambiguous intentions into a convincing
performance with a sensitive 'rightness' that provides a basis for
future presentations of Pound's work.

We hope to see you at this special event!
Italian Cultural Institute, 425 Washington Street, 2nd floor, San
Francisco.

More information: Each of the series' three titles features the
posthumous first publication of the music, with accompanying essay.

Books will be available at the Institute. A 20% discount is available.

More details and ordering information can be found at
www.ezrapoundmusic.com <http://www.ezrapoundmusic.com>.

Sincerely,
Margaret